2010 World Cup Exclusive: North Korea's An Yong Hak - We Will Fight For Second Place In Group Of Death

North Korea

Midfielder An Yong Hak is looking forward to facing Portugal, Brazil and the Ivory Coast at the 2010 World Cup and has targeted second place.

Group G was immediately named The Group of Death on Friday after the draw in Cape Town and few are giving North Korea, playing in only their second World Cup and their first since 1966, a chance.

An, who was an ever-present in the team’s qualification campaign, knows that it will be tough but is excited about the challenge.

“When I saw Group G, I smiled a bitter smile,” An told Goal.com.

“As I said before, I want to play against the big teams because there are no weak teams in the World Cup. But I'm excited that we will play against Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast. If we don’t play these teams at the World Cup, when can we?”

The 31 year-old agrees that Brazil should top the group but is ready to fight to make it to the second round.

“I think, even Brazil will not have an easy time but they will finish first. Then North Korea will compete with Portugal and Cote d'Ivoire for second place in the group, hopefully.”

“There are so many star players so I can't say just one. Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba, Robinho, Deco and the Toure brothers.

"I know that playing against such players is not easy task but I will never give up and I will do my best to keep the ball off them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment